Monday 10 February 2014

Mallika Sherawat invited to speak at Oxford


The controversial actress Mallika Sherawat has added another feather to her cap as she has been invited to speak at the prestigious Oxford University.

Mallika will be participating in the debate focussed on women's rights and gender inequality. The debate has been organised by the debating society and is scheduled to be held on February 27. Earlier, notable celebrities such as Mother Teresa and Dalai Lama have participated in the event.

Mallika herself has confirmed the news, she said "I am so excited but also nervous. I feel honoured. My brother gave me the moral support to say yes. A girl from Haryana going to Oxford! With god's grace these things keep coming. I come from a small town.”

To speak at such a historic venue, where US presidents have spoken before? I feel very proud. We are working out on the topic. A lot of preparation is required. I can use the platform to bring attention to issues like drop in the conviction rate in rape cases across the country. In the last 12 years, the conviction rate has dropped drastically."


0 comments:

Post a Comment