Friday 28 March 2014

Salman Khan sends a warning to filmmaker

Salman Khan's legal team has threatened to send a legal notice to the director of the movie “Munna Bhai, Sallu Bhai”.

Muazzam Beg was making a docu-drama based on the fan following enjoyed by superstars Sanjay Dutt and Salman Khan. However after recieving a warning from the Salman's office to not misuse the star's name, he has now decided to shelve the project.

"We first emailed him asking him to not to use Salman's name for the publicity of his film. But he ignored our warnings and continued with the project, so we then wrote him to warn that we would take legal action," a source close to Salman said.

"I have shot 30 per cent of my film and had invested around R50 lakh in the project. My film was going to tell a die-hard Sallu fan's story and it would have been great if I could make the film. But I won't be doing so now," confirming the news Beg said.

“I announced my film just after the Supreme Court sentenced Sanjay Dutt. There was no objection from his side, but Salman doesn't approve of my film. I should have sought their permission before shooting the film. I would not have lost so much money then,” the director conceded.

The promo of the movie which was to be produced by Beg under his NGO banner "Indian Film Fraternity", was released last year on Salman Khan birthday.


0 comments:

Post a Comment